I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Annie Bella! I was so happy she chose me as one of her nominations and send her so much love and a million Thank you’s!!! You can check out her awesome blog here http://cornerofthebedroomstudios.wordpress.com/
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs .
Here’s the rules of the nomination:
1. Be sure to thank the blog that nominated you and be sure to link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 10 questions that the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate your 10 favorite blogs with under 200 followers and ask your own 10 questions.
4. Make sure to let each blogger know about your Liebster Nomination on their blog and link back to your Liebster post.
1. Why and when did you start blogging?
I started blogging around 1999-2000. I was a stay at home mom and had alot of things I loved to do and share. I started with recipes, knitting, kids crafts and grew from there.
2. What is something you really want your followers to know about you?
HA! I am an open book! I think everyone who knows me knows that. I try to be fair and understanding and I am a helper. I love helping people with questions or showing things to get them on their journey. I am honest and get ready for it…1…..2….3…. I AM VERY LOUD! It is the Italian in me!!!
3. What is your favorite part of running a blog?
Writing and Inspiring people. And writing whatever i want to write about!
4. Where do you find your blogging inspiration?
Other peoples blogs, youtube, nature, magazines…EVERYWHERE!
5. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
I want to still be blogging and I want my own place that I can teach kids Art and Adults to come and play and do different types of Art. I want my family to be healthy and to hit the LOTTERY (and not for 4.00 lol)
6. If money wasn’t an issue, what would your dream career be?
ABSOLUTELY TEACH ART AND OTHER FORMS OF CREATIVITY and I would have a farm and own a Animal Rescue. I am such a animal freak and have rescued for over 15 years and they make my heart melt. Saving an animal is so fulfilling. So those two things!
7. What is your favorite color and what does it say about you?
Purple..it is creative and calming…hmmmm….im not a calming person…go figure lol BUT it makes me happy!
8. If you could be an animal what animal would you be and why?
A shark….I have always been obsessed with them and wanted to be an oceanographer when little and I just love them and they are some badasses!
9. In your opinion what is the best thing about where you live?
HMMM….NEXT QUESTION… I DON’T DIG SOUTH JERSEY BUT I WILL SAY THE SHORE
10. What one post on our blog do you think everyone should read? (provide the link)
It has to be New beginnings for me. It took alot for me to write it but I was at a point that a change was needed and it ended up being a change for the better. I hope it inspires you and hits home on some level too, especially with those who suffer from chronic illnesses. http://knittingandthings.com/2013/05/new-beginnings/
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my answers! Here are my nominations!
I like the questions Annie was asked so I am going to post them for my TEN to answer!! Here they are
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite post on your blog and can you include link?
3. If you do anything for a living without worrying about income, what would it be?
4. Who is the most supportive of your blogging endeavors?
5. You’ve been hired to write a monthly column for your favorite magazine/blog. What is your column about?
6. What is something you really want your followers to know about you?
7. Do you live with family or pets? How many?
8. What is your favorite photo of yourself, post it.
9. What do you find the most challenging about running a blog?
10. Where do you want to be in the next 5-10 years? Is your blog still in the picture?